Opening Times and Dates to Note:
|Full Term||Monday - Friday||08.45 - 17.45|
|Saturday||08.45 - 12.45*|
|Outside Full Term||Monday - Thursday||09.00 - 13.00|
|14.00 - 16.30|
|Friday||09.00 - 13.00|
|14.00 - 15.30|
* note that the building cannot be accessed before 08.45 or after 12.30 if you do not have an appropriately activated University Card.
The Library also closes:
- on all Bank Holidays except those in May
- for the week between Christmas and the New Year
- sometimes for part of the last week of the Easter Term (see below)
- The Library has a staff of two.
- The Librarian, Mr Robert Carter works full-time.
- The Library Assistant, Mrs Jane Hampshire, works full-time during Full Term hours but only part-time during vacation hours.
- This means that:
- complete full term hours now operate - to 5.45 p.m. Monday to Friday and a full service at lunchtime;
- there will still be periods during the vacations when the library will be closed or unstaffed as the new assistant's hours don't permit full coverage (see below);
- you will still need to check this page for details of library closures during the vacations.
- Monday, March 18 - library open 09.00 - 13.00
- Tuesday, March 19 - library open 09.00 - 13.00
- Wednesday, March 20 - normal vacation hours resume
- Friday, March 29 - Tuesday, April 2 - library closed
- Wednesday, April 3 - normal vacation opening hours resume
- Tuesday, April 22 - Easter Term begins