Opening Times and Dates to Note:
|Full Term||Monday - Friday||08.45 - 17.45|
|Saturday||08.45 - 12.45*|
|Outside Full Term||Monday - Thursday||09.00 - 13.00|
|14.00 - 16.30|
|Friday||09.00 - 13.00|
|14.00 - 15.30|
* note that the building cannot be accessed before 08.45 or after 12.30 if you do not have an appropriately activated University Card.
The Library also closes:
- on all Bank Holidays except those in May
- for the week between Christmas and the New Year
- sometimes for part of the last week of the Easter Term (see below)
- The Library has a staff of two.
- The Librarian, Mr Robert Carter works full-time.
- The Library Assistant, Mrs Jane Hampshire, works full-time during Full Term hours but only part-time during vacation hours.
- This means that:
- complete full term hours now operate - to 5.45 p.m. Monday to Friday and a full service at lunchtime;
- there will still be periods during the vacations when the library will be closed or unstaffed as the new assistant's hours don't permit full coverage (see below);
- you will still need to check this page for details of library closures during the vacations.
- Wednesday, 15th March - vacation borrowing starts
- Thursday, 16th March - vacation opening hours apply
- Friday, 7th April - library closes for Easter
- Tuesday, 18th April - library re-opens (vacation hours)
- Tuesday, 25th April - all books due back (cannot be renewed online)
- Thursday, 27th April - start of full Easter Term - term-time opening hours apply