MPhil in Environment, Society & Development
Recommended reading for new students
- Adams, WM (2009) Green Development: Environment and Sustainability in a Developing World. Routledge. Third edition.
- Jackson, T. (2009) Prosperity Without Growth: economics for a finite planet, Earthscan, London
- Peet, D., P. Robbins, et al. (2011). Global political ecology. London, Routledge.
- Robbins, P., J. Hintz, et al. (2010). Environment and society : a critical introduction. Oxford, Wiley-Blackwell.
- Mearns, R. and Leach, M. (1996) (eds) The Lie of the land: Challenging Received Wisdom on the African Environment. James Currey
- Engle, K. 2010 The elusive promise of indigenous development: rights, culture, strategy. Duke University Press, London.
- McEwan, C. 2009 Postcolonialism and Development. Routledge, London. Especially Chapter 5.
- Radcliffe, S. A. (ed) 2006 Culture and development in a globalizing world: geographies, actors and paradigms. Routledge, London.
- Ghertner, AD (2010) Calculating without Numbers: Aesthetic Governmentality in Delhi's Slums. Economy and Society 39 (2): 185–217.
- Fairhead, J., Leach, M. and Scoones, I. 2012. Green Grabbing: A New Appropriation of Nature? Journal of Peasant Studies, 39 (2): 237-261.